Mandate of organization
To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciations of the Art of Portrait in Canada by providing art exhibitions, performances, Portrait Arts Festivals, workshops, lectures and seminars in public places and educational institutions in Canada.
Portrait Artists’ Society of Canada is non profit professional organization dedicated to furthering the traditions of Fine Art Portraiture and Sculpture.
Main Goals and artistic objectives. Mission Statement.
- Educate and communicate the technique aesthetics and application of traditional fine art portraiture and sculpture.
- Promote and support the development of Portrait Art in Canada
- Develop the Canadian public’s appreciation of the art of portrait in Canada. To facilitate and encourage community spirit and development of Art of Portraiture in Canada
- Establish professional Portrait Competition in Canada to promote Canadian Portraiture
- Assist talented young Canadian artists in their study of portraiture through personal encouragement, opportunity of participation in the Society workshops, exhibitions , financial support such as scholarships and grants.
- Offer portfolio review opportunities to assist and guide members in furthering their knowledge and artistic skills.
- Organize public portrait exhibits for portrait artists in Canada.
- Coordinate volunteers in each region of the Country for the purpose of membership development.
Portrait Artists’ Society of Canada
Ontario corporation number 1751211
Business number 82059 5213 RC0001
Veronica Tsyglan president
Marjorie Morton treasurer
Judith Sinclair secretary
Board of advisers:
Geographic location and community served
PASC is based in Toronto. Members of the PASC are Canadian Professional portrait artists from all provinces of Canada. Open to public
Role of the organization within the art community
Role of the PASC is commitment to strengthening its national presence by educating , promoting and communicate the excellence in a forms of visual art and by encouraging acceptance and growth of Contemporary portraiture in Canada.
Membership Annual fees are in categories:
Support member (open to public), Emerging artist (Students), General Canadian Portrait Artist, International Portrait artist, Corporate member